The overall objective of east is the Europe-wide promotion of science, research, training and education in the fields of surface technology and related areas. The basis for the accomplishment of these tasks is the European Board of east, where nearly each European State is represented by leading specialists in surface technology. For realisation of projects of an European dimension in the area of education, further training and research, east closely co-operates with the institutions of the European Commission.
east is an international non-profit organisation which solely and directly follows objectives of public utility (with respect to German tax provision).
The overall objective of east is the Europe-wide promotion of science, research, training and education in the fields of surface technology and related areas.
The objectives of east shall be realised especially by the performance of scientific events as well as the support, co-ordination and promotion of research projects.
The basis for the accomplishment of these tasks is the European Board of east, where nearly each European State is represented by one to four members who are recognised in their country as leading specialists in surface technology. Non-European countries are represented by Associated Members. The responsibility for the realisation of activities planned, is with the Executive Board and the office of east, which are located in Schwäbisch Gmünd at the Research Institute for Precious Metals and Metal Chemistry. east co-operates with national associations, educational and research institutions, as well as the industry of member countries. Individuals, societies, institutions and companies can become Supporting Members.
The practical realisation of the ideas and aims is achieved by Europe-wide press releases, conferences and seminars in the member countries. For realisation of projects of an European dimension in the area of education, further training and research, east closely co-operates with the institutions of the European Commission (EC). Within the scope of several European programmes east significantly contributes to the co-operation and the technology transfer between science and industry.
european academy of surface technology (east), +49 (0)7171 1006 402, info(at)east-site.net
east has the following types of membership
- Active Members
- Senior Members
- Associated Members
- Supporting Members
All members must be personally engaged in surface science and technology.
The Active Members form the European Board. New Active Members are nominated by the members of the European Board and has to be approved by the European Board. They must be outstanding experts, representing different organisations and be active in fulfilling the duties of Active Members. Active Members is limited to a maximum of four for each European country. Active Members can withdraw their active membership by written resignation and become Senior Members. Persons of non-European countries can be invited for co-operation as Associated Members based on nomination by the European Board. Individuals, scientific and technical societies, institutions and companies can become Supporting Members on written request and pay a fee defined individually by the European Board.
- All members shall endorse the objectives and activities of east and are obligated to follow the regulations according to the statutes and resolutions of the boards of the organisation
- All members shall represent east in national societies exchanging information and promoting contacts
- All members have to act as a national focus in order to intensify co‐operation and education activities of universities, schools, institutes, companies and societies at the European scale
- All members shall actively support the objectives of east by organising courses, seminars, workshops, networks etc.
- All members shall try to find funds for east activities and management (direct contributions, societies’ contributions, donations etc.)
- All members receive all information distributed by east
- All members can use east as a platform of contact.